Thursday, June 25, 2009

Lots going on

My life usually doesn't seem that eventful. But, I was sitting here thinking, but in the world has happened in the last month and lots of things came to mind--

1) At least twice a week pool visits (that equals some tan people around here)
2) Mother's day. It was nice. My present was a few weeks earlier- WICKED tickets.
3) My dad's 75th birthday!!! He's been saying he is a gonner for 30 years!! I think he has proven himself wrong.
4) A week of vacation. Lots of bumming around the house.
5) A few trips to the beach. One with my mom, Stacey (sis n law), Sydney, and Ashlyn. Included a wave knocking my mom and the girls all over. didn't even phase them.
6) Father's day. Danny didn't get what he wanted, an eliptical. But, he did get a nice wallet and shirt!! Maybe the eliptical is in the future.
7) Finally got approval from the association to put our fence up. Now, we have to get comfortable with paying thousands of dollars for it. (darn white vinyl requirement)
8) Both Danny and I still have our jobs- in this economy, that is definite accomplishment worth notating.
9) Ashlyn got her first busted lip on Tuesday. That is what happen when her face meets a friend's pool deck. Lots of blood and freaking out. But, she was over it in 5 min. and ready to keep swimming.
10)And the MOST exciting happening. Ashlyn said her first "sentence"- I LOVE YOU (or at least her version of it). She can also be reverent and pray by folding her arms and closing her eyes. Ask "where is XXX" and happily exclaims "ALL DONE" when we finish reading a book.

here is a short video trying to show her "skills". I would upload another one but I don't have the patience. This one took me forever.


1 comment:

Nonna said...

OMGosh...she is so adorable !