Saturday, July 12, 2008

Work and Friends

My life this week and has been a whole lot of work (it's our quarter end). So, dealing with the split of our company and quarter end all at once has been interesting. Plus, since I'm not over GL again, it's my first time having to "try" to run things. I put "" around try because I've certainly screwed up a lot this week. Had to work all day today as well. 8-6. The one highpoint to that was einstein's bagels and Al's pizza. Good stuff.

Also, my friend Keira (we met at UF, she did her undergrad at Notre Dame and I at BYU. So, neither of us knew anyone at Florida and were paired on a team project. Been friends ever since). She had her hubby live in Denver. But, she was in town for another UF friends wedding this weekend. And, we happily had her crash at our house Thursday night. It was really nice to get to talk to her and just chat.

For those of you that know me, I really really suck at keeping in contact with people. So, I always enjoy a chance to redeem myself. Even if just to offer my house for one night and a dinner.

I made sure we got at least one pic together to prove she was here. I'll have to upload later. haven't put them on the computer yet.

that's been about it. maybe something exciting will happen next week.

2 comments:

Nonna said...

I'm so glad you posted something new Paula...my mouth watered and I had to eat something every time I checked your blog(Anniversary Dinner pics)

Sorry you had such a stressful week...

Nicole E. said...

I have to agree with your comment that you are bad at keeping in touch with people. I keep in touch with you by looking at your blog. Keira and I talk almost every week by either google chat or phone. You should get google chat at work, then I can talk to you but you will never get anything done like me.

xoxoxo
Nicole