Saturday, January 31, 2009

BLOG SLACKER

I know. It has been forever since I put up a post. I won’t bore you with all the reasons (and they are all good ones, I promise) that I haven’t gotten around to providing an update on our lives. I will spare you all the boring details. But here is a quick overview of the past two months for us:

Thanksgiving Night (where I left off with my last post): Ashlyn took her first consecutive steps!!! (She is now practically running around the house (or at least speed walking).

Christmas week: I took that entire week off. It was really nice to just hang out at home and relax and not have to go anywhere. Of course, Danny and I were hit once again with a stomach bug. But, luckily, it was only the 24 hr kind and not the monster bug that hit us earlier in 2008. We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas with the families. Ashlyn got some good loot- shopping cart, baby doll and stroller, toy box, and clothes (among other things). Danny bought me a nice pearl necklace. He won out with the Band of Brothers DVD collection and a fire pit for outstide (the smores have been great!!)

New Years- Stayed at home and I fell asleep at 11:45pm and woke back up at 12:05am. So, I missed ringing in the New Year. L We went earlier that day to the zoo with Ashlyn. She liked the animals and love the carousel. In fact, I practically had to take her screaming off of it.

January- For me, this has been one big blur. My life has been work (it is year end for us, and times are nuts). One week, I got home every night that week after Ashlyn had fallen asleep. Definitely a bummer for me. Danny has been awesome. He has handled Ashlyn without much of a complaint at all while I’ve been MIA.

However, there were some good moments:

· Ashlyn has broken two more teeth (all on the right side of her month). So, I wonder what she’ll look like if she keeps getting all her right hand teeth and nothing on the left.
· An old friend from college (UF days) came to crash for the night. Nicole, it was great to get to see you. You are free to stay anytime your in town. Good luck with #3.
· We welcomed another niece into the family. Danny’s brother, Chris had a little baby girl last week- Adrian Hope Orel. Cute as can be. We can’t believe Chris is now a daddy.
· Ashlyn has hit her terrible twos earlier (she’s only 14 months old). She now will sit down and cry if we take something away or won’t let her do what she wants. I think we have some long years ahead of us with that one.

So, that about sums it up. What to expect in the future:

· Danny and I getting to go see a movie in an actual movie theatre!! A staff of mine gave us tickets as a christmas gift so we have to go use them.
· Hopefully a planned vacation somewhere in March. I’m the slacker that won’t commit to anything. I’d better soon or Danny will go on a vacation without us.
· If all goes as planned, I will be cutting my hours back to 30 hrs a week (3-10 hour days) so that I can spend more time with my little one. Yeah for me, not as much a yeah for the pocketbook. We’ll just have to stick to a budget for once. (I’ve always had a budget worked up for us, but didn’t really try to enforce us staying within it.

I’ll post some pics tomorrow. I promise.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

3 days per week would be awesome!!! I can totally help you with your grocery budget! We could get it cut in half, easy ♥

Jenny said...

I thought you had fallen off the face of the earth with no updates lately. It is definitely time to cut back on the hours. Good luck with Phil on that. Stay strong and don't back down. I can't wait to see how big Ashlyn has gotten.

Nicole E. said...

I am just now reading your blog so you can see how behind I am. Thanks for the bed. I am sure I will be up that way again soon!