Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hodge Podge of Stuff

Well. Danny heads off to Las Vegas this afternoon. Hopefully Chris can keep him in line and he stays within his budgeted spending/losing money. Ashlyn and I will have lots of quiet time to ourselves.

Sickness update- Danny and I are happily all better. Of course, I unfortunately passed it on to my mom who then has given it to my niece. She just started a job a Friday and had to call in sick yesterday. Sorry Kipin. Thankfully though, Ashlyn has not gotten the bug and her congestion is seemingly clearing up. So, I am definitely grateful for that.

We go for her 4 month appt on Thursday. I'm estimating a weigh in of 16+ lbs and around 26in. She is getting big. Her 6 month pants are getting tight since her legs are so chunky. Here come 9 month clothes!!! Luckily, I have lots of those sizes too. So, no need to start shopping for clothes yet (but it sure is hard to resist when I'm out).

Side note: I thought it was funny the other night Danny mentioned needing to get her bathing suit to his mom and he followed it up with "No Bikinis!". I ditto'd that, so our little girl will be playing happily at the beach in a lovely, modest one-piece.

Back to my alone time. Maybe after I get all our "sickness" pile of stuff washed, I'll read. Danny makes fun of me when I want to get in bed and read before I go to sleep. He thinks that is what old people do. Plus, when I get to reading I can't stop. I just have to finish it as fast as I can (which usually means reading for entire Saturday to get the book finished). Haven't had much time for that lately. I think the new James Patterson is out- 7th installment of his women's murder club series. I have read the first 6. I love murder mysteries. Also have read almost every book Mary Higgins Clark has written.

One last thing- I've got the much talked about "Mommy's Amnesia" or as my old boss calls it- Placenta Head (since it starts during pregnancy). 3 times this morning at work I would go into a folder on my computer to pull up a file and forget what I needed to pull up. Not exactly the most effective way to work. I usually remember what it is, but I have to stare at the computer for a minute and rack my raddled brain.

OK. I'd better not use up any more of my lunch time. I'd better go grab something to eat.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I understand Mommy brain. I have it full force! I will sit and stare at my computer screen for five minutes before I remember that I sat down to check my email! :)

I wish Ainsley were as big as Ashlyn. Ainsley is almost 11 months and is just BARELY wearing 6-12 month clothes. She isn't even 16 lbs yet. Hannah was HUGE and Ainsley is so tiny and petite. It works out well for hand-me-down clothes, though, since they were born in opposite seasons.

I didn't know that Chris & Danny were doing their Vegas trip this week. I'll have to call Mary and help her stay occupied! :)

Mary said...

so who is supposed to keep Chris from spending too much $$?? ;) Glad everyone is feeling better. I'm jealous too about the big clothes. We're still in 0-3 and 3-6 months over here. ::sigh:: maybe some day...

Paula said...

Don't get to jealous. It sucks to have outfits she only wore once. I wouldn't minde getting some wear out of them!!!

I am lucky that I have a 2yr old niece. So, Ashlyn has allready started to get hand me downs. Plus, my sister-n-law is a buyer for Steinmart, so she gets lots of cute stuff from her vendors too.

Mary, don't worry about Chris. I think he is more frugal with his money than Danny. Of course, with the two of them together, who knows!! Maybe I could have made Danny give me his debit card. :)