Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sickness


Here is my doodlebug on a happier day (her 3 month pictures to be exact)
Ashlyn I think is coming down with her first cold. I had to suction her nose 5 different times in an hour tonight. Plus, Danny (we think) has come down with food poisoning. He's been really sick for the past 4 hours. So, we are not a happy houshold. Right now, Ashlyn is asleep and danny wants to be. Hopefully tonight isn't as bad as I think it will be.


If anyone has any suggestions on the cold or food poisoning remedies let me know.


P.S.- I'm running the humidfier at full steam for my sickly (or maybe just allergic) little one.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I was going to suggest a humidifier. We use Baby Vick's on Ainsley's chest, too. It is a much softer scent than adult Vick's. If she starts coughing, my cousin-in-law swears by coating their feet in Vick's then putting socks on. I keep meaning to try it, but I keep forgetting to buy more Vick's. :) Good luck. As for Danny, you just have to let it run it course. No fun! Oh! And when Ainsley is REALLY congested, she sleeps better if I sleep in a recliner with her on my chest rather than laying on her back so the drainage doesn't choke her. Not fun for me, but better than waking up 15 times to make sure she's still breathing.

Paula said...

Thanks for the quick response. Good ideas. I'll have to try them. Of course, Ashlyn hates being held on her stomach. But, I may have to try it if she gets worse. Have a good night.

Amber said...

If she's still sick, you can always put a couple of drops of j&j vapor bath in her bath. That mixed with the warm water works like a humidifier, and if her nose runs, she's already in the bath. I also use the baby vicks on her chest and back when she goes to sleep. you can try putting a towel under one side of her mattress so that way she is elevated. It's helps with breathing and digestion. The humidifer works great at night too. I leave Chloe's door cracked so it doesn't get to moist in her room. I hope she feels better soon. I hope you and Daddy feel better as well.

Nicole E. said...

Late response from me but I agree with your friend, Meredith's cousin-in-law, Vick's Vapor rub on the feet with socks. I do it with my girls and I do it to myself too...works wonders! Hope everyone is feeling better by now.