Saturday, November 8, 2008

Vacation Part 2- WORK EMERGENCY

Tuesday afternoon (after getting back) I had to call my boss because there was a little emergency at work. Yes, believe it our not, major fires can occur in the accounting world. Well, this one was such a doozy that I had to go into work on Wednesday to handle things. The biggest bummer was that my mom watched Ashlyn Tuesday night so that Danny I could could have some nice quiet time and actually get some good sleep. Well, with the work thing going on, I hardly slept at all and was up at 4am working. Then, I went into the office around 9am for the remainder of the day (around 5:30-6).

So, danny got to get his haircut and then he headed to pick up Ashlyn. He ended up going out to Cotton's BBQ with my parents and niece and hanging out at their house in the afternoon. Oh so eventful.

My job is so stressful sometimes. I'm thankful that I have been as successful as I have in my career. But, sometimes my colleagues and I talk about maybe it would be better working at Target. Definitely less stress. The whole work/life balance thing doesn't really work when your working 50-60 hrs a week.

Ok. enough about my vacation break.

1 comment:

Nonna said...

Putting out fires at work is hard, but you are truely blessed to have done so well in your profession !

Target ? There are stress levels to every job.

I'm sad you forgot your camera ( for us Bloggies who love travel pics) but the memories you two have shared can be remembered together !