Saturday, November 8, 2008

Vacation Part 3- Furniture and Halloween

Well, danny went back to work on Thursday and I was able to try to resume the rest of my vacation. Lots of erands. Fun visits to Target and Party Shop to prepare to Ashlyn's upcoming B-day bash. Eating with my parents and a trip to Ashley furniture to finally buy a new kitchen table. After 2 1/2 hours, the deal was made. We pick it up on Tuesday. I'll post before and after of my kitchen nook then.

One thing I learned, you can get a better deal if you shop at the end of the month. I was trying to decide which table to buy and was going to wait till the next day. But, since they wanted the sale in October, they gave me an additional $50 off ( on top of the $90 I am getting off for simply donating my old table to habitat for humanities). So, $140 off the price. I thought that was pretty great.

Then, we had to finally get ready for Halloween. Ashlyn was a little lady bug (thanks to my sister-n-law offering to let Sydney's old costume be used). see the pics below. We went over to my brother's house to go tric-or-treating with them. Danny, Brad, and Danny's brother Steve hung out at the house while Stacey, danny's mom, and I headed out with the girls. they both had such a good time. It was soooo fun to watch Sydney go say trick or treat at every door like a good little princess that she is.







2 comments:

Nonna said...

Good job with that bargin hunting !
Ashlyn is so adorable in her cute little costume !

Jerilynn said...

These Halloween pics are adorable, Ashlyn is such a doll :)