Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ankle Envy

OK. This may be really weird but I thought I'd say it anyways. I have ankle envy!! I guess I should explain. My whole life I've had "almost cankles". My legs just come close to going straight to my feet. I don't have the nice skinny ankles like a lot of people. (Even when I was 20lbs lighter than I am now, it was that way)

I thought of this today as I was walking out of work and the lady in front of me had really skinny nice ankles. She overall was heavier than I am, but still had pretty ankles. Why was I cursed?

I say this partly joking and partly serious. Don't get me wrong, I have lots of insecurities about my body, but this one thing is something that I actually notice about other people and say "I wish I had her ankles".

So, after this odd post, I'll ask my readers, does anyone else have a weird or odd "Envy" or is it just me?

6 comments:

Jill said...

You are hilarious. That is so funny!! Okay, I envy skinny thighs...the kind that just go straight up and connect at the pelvis. I wish I could look smokin' in a swimsuit and not have to wear a stupid skirt or cover-up!

Meredith said...

Oh gosh, Paula! I have too many to list! I'm gonna go with thighs, too. I have always had thighs that were not proportionate with my body. Even when I exercise all the time, they're always too big.... either flabby or too much muscle.

Nicole E. said...

I envy women that don't have stretch marks. I have a slew of stretch marks and Ashtyn made it impossible to show any part of my stomach (not that I would) ever again. Thighs are another good one and so is cellulite. If anyone finds the cure, let me know. I don't care how much it cost.

Mary said...

ditto to the ankles and the thighs. There was a guy in college who would 'test' girls ankles because he said it determined whether you were doomed to be fat or skinny when you grew up. Well... mine didn't pass... So I understand. I would love skinny ankles. And thighs that just went straight into my pelvis. ::sigh::

Jason and Charlotte said...

My brother has always made fun of my ankles. I do the same thing as you and dream of skinny ankles the ones that look good with a pair of heels on. My mom says they are proportioned (sp?) good with my legs..gee thanks mom...thick from top to bottom

Amber said...

That is so funny and so believable at the same time. I have Tummy envy. After having Chloe I wish I hadn't taken my smaller tummy for granted. I guess I should like it now, cuz who knows how it will be in 10 years.